Transparency in Healthcare
Click on the headings below to learn more about East Coast Surgery Center’s Financial Services and Transparency in Healthcare Legislation.
We are dedicated to providing safe, exceptional, and personalized care to you, so it is very important we obtain your most recent health history. If we are unable to obtain your vital health history information, your surgery may be cancelled!
Gathering all of the vital and essential information can be a lengthy interview process, so to make this easier for you, we are happy to provide an online Surgery Registration portal so you are able to do so in the comfort of your own home and at your convenience.
When you are ready, please gather the following information and click on the Surgery Registration link below to enter your important information.
- Current medications
- Allergies to foods, medications or dyes
- Current list of Primary Care Doctor and/or any Specialist you see (names and phone numbers).
- Current medical conditions
- Previous surgeries
*COMPLETE YOUR ONE MEDICAL PASSPORT HERE*
Again, thank you for choosing East Coast Surgery Center.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE. This is vitally important, and failure to comply could result in complications and may result in postponement of your procedure. If your child is having surgery, please be sure you follow the specific instructions provided by nursing personnel at the time of your pre-procedure phone call. If your child is an infant, our anesthesiologist may have additional instructions for you.
- If you or your child is taking medications for high blood pressure or diabetes, contact your surgeon or discuss this with one of our nursing staff to ensure proper instructions to take or discontinue the medication.
- If you experience any health changes between your recent visit to your doctor and the day of your procedure, notify your doctor. Please report even minor changes such as an elevated temperature, cough or cold.
- If you suspect that you are pregnant, please notify your doctor.
- For your own safety and protection, you will not be allowed to drive a motor vehicle following your procedure. Please make arrangements to have someone bring you and escort you home from the Center. Parents may want to have an additional adult to assist in accompanying a child home.
- Bathe or shower and brush your teeth the morning of your procedure. Mascara, make-up, lipstick, nail polish and contact lenses should be removed.
- Dress comfortably. Tight-fitting clothing may feel restrictive following some procedures. You may also want to dress warmly due to the cooler temperatures maintained in the surgery center.
- Please leave all valuables at home including jewelry, wallets and purses – BUT DON’T FORGET YOUR INSURANCE CARD(S) AND PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION!
- Limit the number of people accompanying you. We request only one to maximize the comfort of everyone waiting. Both parents of our pediatric patients are welcome.
Plan to have someone stay with you for 24 hours following your procedure, and pamper yourself during this time.
Since it is normal to feel drowsy after receiving anesthetic medications, we also recommend that you postpone the following activities for 24 hours after discharge:
- Driving and operating equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
If you still have questions after you have read this information, please do not hesitate to call us at 386-366-8181.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or send us an email.